Myths Related To Hair Loss
- Frequent shampooing contributes to hair loss.
- Hats and wigs cause hair loss.
- 100 strokes of the hair brush daily will create healthier hair.
- Permanent hair loss is caused by perms, colors and other cosmetic treatments.
- Women are expected to develop significant hair loss if they are healthy.
- Shaving one's head will cause the hair to grow back thicker.
- Standing on one's head will cause increased circulation and thereby stimulate hair growth!
- Dandruff causes permanent hair loss.
- There are cosmetic products that will cause the hair to grow thicker and faster.
- Stress causes permanent hair loss.
- Hair loss does not occur in the late teens or early twenties.
- Hair loss affects only intellectuals.
- There is a cure for Androgenetic Alopecia.
These are only a few of the common myths heard by physicians and other hair loss specialists on a daily basis. Trichome hair loss clinic suggests that you first have your hair loss diagnosed by a competent Trichologist who sees hair loss patients on a regular basis. Once you know the diagnosis you will have a better understanding of exactly which treatment option may be best for you.